In a little over a month, we will be celebrating Imagine a Day Without Water, a national education campaign held on October 21 that brings together diverse stakeholders to highlight how water is essential, invaluable, and in need of investment. We want to make sure you have all the tools you need to plan your Imagine a Day Without Water agenda before October 21, so we have shared a variety of new resources on our website, which are summarized below:
- Social media graphics and logos for you to download and use with your Imagine a Day Without Water messaging or event on Facebook, Twitter, or another digital platform.
- An op-ed template to help you craft an editorial piece to submit to your local newspaper.
- A blog template to guide you in writing a piece that gives readers an understanding of why they should value water.
- A press release template to provide you with the language needed to announce your participation in Imagine a Day Without Water.
- A resolution template for local elected officials to announce an Imagine a Day Without Water resolution in your community.
- A message framework that was developed to be the foundation of our unified Imagine a Day Without Water messaging, which can be tailored to suit your organization and community’s needs.
We also added more examples of ways past participants have engaged in Imagine a Day Without Water—from hosting a student art contest to working with a mayor to issue a proclamation supporting Imagine a Day Without Water.
If you have further questions about how to get involved, please reach out to email@example.com. And if you haven’t already, register for Imagine a Day Without Water below!
IAPMO develops and publishes the Uniform Plumbing Code®, the most widely recognized code of practice used by the plumbing industry worldwide; Uniform Mechanical Code®; Uniform Swimming Pool, Spa and Hot Tub Code®; and Uniform Solar Energy, Hydronics and Geothermal Code™ — the only plumbing, mechanical, solar energy and swimming pool codes designated by ANSI as American National Standards — and the Water Efficiency Standard (WE-Stand)™. IAPMO works with government, contractors, labor force, and manufacturers to produce product standards, technical manuals, personnel certification/educational programs and additional resources in order to meet the ever-evolving demands of the industry in protecting public health and safety.
Last modified: December 30, 2022