Over the years, IAPMO R&T’s product certification program has grown to include many new areas, such as electrical products, solar products, and food equipment; our expertise has gone beyond plumbing.
Many of you are probably unaware that IAPMO R&T’s expertise in the kitchen extends beyond those products related only to plumbing. Both the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) have accredited IAPMO R&T to certify food equipment for more than five years now. We can certify those products associated with the preparation, cooking and storage of food, including:
● Food equipment, such as cutting boards, prep tables, work stations (NSF/ANSI 2)
● Commercial cooking and hot holding equipment (NSF/ANSI 4)
● Dispensing freezers (NSF/ANSI 6)
● Commercial refrigerators and storage freezers (NSF/ANSI 7)
● Commercial powered food preparation equipment (NSF/ANSI 8)
● Automatic ice-making equipment (NSF/ANSI 12)
● Manual food and beverage dispensing equipment (NSF/ANSI 18)
● Commercial bulk milk dispensing equipment (NSF/ANSI 20)
● Vending machines for food and beverages (NSF/ANSI 25)
● Food equipment materials (NSF/ANSI 51)
● Mobile food carts (NSF/ANSI 59)
● Special purpose food equipment and devices (NSF/ANSI 169)
For those manufacturers whose kitchen-related product line extends beyond plumbing, the ability to have their food equipment certified under one roof is beneficial. Plumbing manufacturers who have been working with IAPMO R&T know that we understand the importance of “speed to market.” Further, they can take advantage of our well-known attentive and customer-oriented service on their food equipment certification.
IAPMO R&T recently hired Dona Douglas to manage our Food Equipment Certification Program. Douglas is a highly skilled scientist with more than 24 years of experience in food equipment certification. We are very thrilled to have her to manage our Food Equipment Certification Program as she brings invaluable industry knowledge and hands-on experience in leading one of our fastest-growing certification programs. The response from the food equipment industries for the enhancements we made to this program has been overwhelmingly positive.
Our recent participation at the National Restaurant Association (NRA) show in Chicago received a warm welcome from the industry. It is gratifying to see such a great response. We, at IAPMO R&T, are pleased to be able to provide the food equipment industry with a more efficient option for certification of their products, which allows them to enter the market faster. I cannot emphasize how excited we are to be able to maintain the IAPMO R&T brand and its reputation while continuing to grow our certification capabilities to serve beyond the plumbing industry.
For additional details about our Food Equipment Certification Program, please contact our knowledgeable staff toll free at 1-844-4-PURITY or at email@example.com.
Last modified: December 29, 2022