IAPMO EGS (Electrical, Gas and Solar), The IAPMO Group’s testing and certification division for electrical products, has received accreditation as a certification body by the Standards Council of Canada. Because IAPMO EGS was recognized by OSHA as a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) last year, electrical products labeled with the IAPMO EGS certification mark now meet the criteria necessary for acceptance by authorities having jurisdiction throughout the United States and Canada.
The SCC accreditation includes products for use in the Electro-plumbing and pool/spa industries such as:
• Motor-Operated Water Pumps – General use, sewage, well, irrigation, fountain, circulation, contractor, effluent type pumps intended for commercial or household use.
• Swimming Pool Pumps, Filters, and Chlorinators – Swimming pool, hot tub, and spa pumps; ozone generators, chlorinators, brominators, and similar equipment.
• Personal Hygiene and Health Care Appliances – Electronic bidets, electric toothbrushes, denture cleaners, oral irrigation appliances, hydromassage units, and similar equipment.
• Electric Spas, Equipment Assemblies, and Associated Equipment – Self-contained spas; controllers, timers, temperature-regulating equipment; control panels; ozone generators.
• Hydromassage Bathtubs – Indoor whirlpool bathtubs.
• Electric Plumbing Accessories – Irrigation equipment, plumbing controls system, sprinkler controls, electric faucets, toilet-flushing systems, pedicure spas, and similar equipment.
“The SCC accreditation makes our services available to a wider range of customers,” said Tony Zhou, Vice President of Engineering for IAPMO EGS. “Electrical manufacturers now have a single trusted source for certification of their products in Canada and the United States.”
IAPMO EGS is also accredited by ANAB to test to more than 30 electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and EPA ENERGY STAR® standards covering pool and spa equipment, bathtub equipment, irrigation equipment, electric faucets and bidets, personal hygiene and health care appliances, and suction fittings.
IAPMO EGS is a trusted name for independent testing and listing for the pool, spa, and bathtub industries. IAPMO EGS is committed to providing quality testing and listing services at competitive rates in a timely manner. Its knowledgeable staff works with manufacturers to ensure that each testing and listing project is handled efficiently, helping get the product to market more quickly. For more information, contact Tony Zhou at (909) 230-5536 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or direct your web browser to www.iapmoegs.org.
Last modified: December 11, 2015