When it comes to plumbing products, IAPMO R&T’s UPC® shield certification mark stands on top; it is the most widely used certification mark in the plumbing industry. AHJs, manufacturers, plumbing contractors, and specifiers understand and know very well that when applying the UPC® shield certification mark on a product, or presenting a certificate of listing from IAPMO R&T at a job site, it is an assurance that these plumbing products have been tested and evaluated to the Uniform Plumbing Code®.
Manufacturers want the UPC® shield mark on their products because it carries the weight of 75-plus years’ experience certifying plumbing products. Contractors look for the mark because they don’t want delays at their job site; they want to be sure every product they use is approved with no questions or setbacks. AHJs appreciate the mark because it instantly identifies a product, they know has satisfied every necessary standard for safe operation within their community. Consumers trust the mark because they know it means the plumbing in their home, school or office is safe and the water is healthy.
For a listee, the UPC® mark of conformity indicates that the products have been tested by a qualified product testing laboratory, evaluated by IAPMO R&T’s experienced engineers, and approved by IAPMO R&T’s Product Certification Committee as complying with the requirements of applicable standard and code. Because plumbing inspectors, product buyers, and consumers are looking for indication that products are listed when accepting them for installation or making their purchasing decisions, it is ultimately important for you to communicate clearly that your products are listed, compliant, and safe to use.
Below are some of the many reasons why a listee should capitalize on its hard work in obtaining the IAPMO R&T listing by using the well-earned UPC® certification marks on its products as well as marketing materials:
- Increase the acceptance of your product. Bearing the UPC® mark can make it easier for potential customers and regulatory personnel to accept your promotions and purchase your products.
- Increase customer confidence in purchasing products. Bearing the UPC® mark shows that your products meet established standards as determined by an independent, third-party organization.
- Provide added assurance and trust. Bearing the UPC® marks shows your commitment to product safety; that your customers can trust to help guide their purchasing decisions.
- Allow easier entry into new markets. Bearing the UPC® mark can facilitate expansion into domestic and international markets with prominent visibility on products and marketing materials.
- Increase exposure for your products. Bearing the UPC® mark can greatly increase your product’s exposure through the IAPMO R&T online listing directory.
- Enhance the effectiveness of your marketing communications. Bearing the UPC® mark can do so by delivering your message of product safety at a quick glance.
- Make marketing more cost-effective. Bearing the UPC® mark can do so by leveraging the independent listing to create product awareness and credibility more quickly.
We take great pride in knowing that our UPC® mark of conformity performs in the field exactly as we intend for it to do. It is certainly one powerful shield.
IAPMO R&T is the premier accredited certification body in North America for plumbing products certification in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. To learn more about our services, please visit our website at www.iapmort.org
Last modified: July 14, 2023